Tuesday 29 October 2013

The Tuesday Juxtapose - 29102013 Mushroom

Reference Number: 29102013BNE
Dish: Grilled Subs - Mushroom Cheesesteak
Venue: PJ's Steaks
Address: 2/173 Boundary St West End, QLD 4101
Price: A$11.80








Originating from Philadelphia, cheesesteaks are in essence thin slices of steak and cheese served on an Italian roll. At PJ's Steaks, one of the variations offered is the Mushroom Cheesesteak. The rolls at PJ's are freshly baked locally and incredibly soft. I have to report though, that I'm pretty sure the mushrooms are of the canned variety. I personally found the steak rather bland in flavour. Perhaps its expected that you'll add the complimentary sauces provided. I did try it with the hot sauce on offer and I thought that gave it a nice kick.

Best consumed … as an in-between snack (or else with lots of sides) as its not a very big roll.

The Tuesday Juxtapose Chart

No comments:

Post a Comment